Tuesday, January 26, 2010
from Taka....Lowes Food 10 things to know
1. Get a Fresh Rewards Club card from the cashier or customer service desk (see next post for details on this program)
2. Register your card online to get E-Offers (electronic discounts you select to load to your store card – according to corporate these are NOT manufacturer or store coupons,but discounted prices on items. It seems that you would be able to stack mfg coupons with these offers but the store policy states that you cannot.) In some cases the e-Offer is better than a coupon. For example, right now you can load a $2 off discount on the 5.5 oz size Gold Bond Ultimate skin therapy lotion to your FRC card. There are currently $1 off printables on the Internet and from Sunday inserts.
3. Coupons double up to $0.99 everyday
4. Limit 4 of the same coupon per transaction
5. They do accept competitors’ coupons for dollars off your total purchase (NOT for specific items) and they accept Catalinas from other stores (Kelly has to ring code 6949 for Candice). I used Walgreen’s Register Rewards last week at Lowes Foods with no problem.
6. They offer shopping bag credits; $0.05 per bag added to your Fresh Rewards quarterly balance, not deducted from your order total like at Bi-Lo and Target.
7. From time to time, LF offers Triple Coupons, but much like HT there is no rhyme or reason to when this event happens.
8. If any item scans for a higher price different than the shelf tag, you receive one of that item FREE; excluding beer and wine (Scan Right Guarantee).
9. Rainchecks are issued for out of stock items BUT they EXPIRE 30 days from the issue date
10. Lowes To-Go: Online shopping with drive through pick up. The user interface is exactly the same as Harris Teeter's so if you've seen that one then you are familiar with this one. The policies are much the same, also. Coupons tendered are applied to your next online order. There is a place for comments so if you are paying cash, I would think that you can leave a note regarding your wish to use your coupons. They have been very customer oriented since I've been shopping there so I don't suspect this will be a problem on a cash order since they have to make another trip back inside the store and out to you anyway to get the payment and give you any change that may be due. There is a $4.95 charge for online ordering. Every 4th order is free. Store personnel are not to accept any tips from customers.
DISCLAIMERS: (1) This information is compiled from www.lowesfoods.com and e-mail messages from corporate. (2) I know this is LONG, but PLEASE, if you intend to shop Lowes, read it in its ENTIRETY.